The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirem
- (ongoing) proposed Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- (9/1/21) Elizabeth Wood select as the Land Use Agent for FY22. She is a professional planner with experience in municipal planning.
- (7/1/21) Jeffery Lacy has been retained as Land Use Consultant for FY22 to assist with developing a Natural Resource Protection Zoning bylaw. He is a professional planner with experience in rural planning.
- (10/2020) Land Use Survey Results and Comments
Meeting December 8, 2021, 7:00 pm
This meeting will be held by video conference. Items may be added to the agenda up to 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
- 7:00 Approve minutes of November 10, 2021
- Building Permit applications if any
- ANR plans if any
- 7:20 Discuss Planning Board Procedures with Elizabeth Wood, LUA
- 8:30 Discuss public outreach for Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- 8:40 Information: MBTA community regulations. See letter from Chris Kluchman.
- 8:45 The Planning Board will not meet on December 22, 2021
- Items not anticipated by the Chair
The meeting will be held virtually.
- Online: Join Zoom Meeting
- By phone (Dial by your location):
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 876 0964 1256
- Password: 983732
Procedure for Applications During Video Conference Meetings
Planning Board meetings will be conducted online through telephone and video conferencing on our regular schedule unless otherwise posted. Instructions for accessing telephone/video conference meetings will accompany each meeting notice.
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail or delivery to the Town Clerk. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Model Bylaw
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Presentation by Heidi Ricci
- New England Landscape Futures Explorer
- Mass Audubon MAPPR Tool 2.0