The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirements.
February 1, 2023 Meeting
- Approve minutes of January 11, 2023
- ANR, if any
- Building Permit, if any
- Discuss folding NRPZ Common Driveway language into the body of the NRPZ bylaw
- Plan NRPZ public information sessions
- Review Jeff Lacy’s report and decide whether to proceed with our NRPZ rationale document analysis as requested by the former TA
- Propose March 22 for warrant articles’ public hearings: NRPZ, NRPZ Common Driveways, Rural Siting Principles, Municipal Building Signage, Library Signage
- Class II Motor Vehicle License 804 Fitchburg State Rd – application to be reviewed at next meeting
- Items not anticipated by the Chair
No hearings scheduled at this time.
Video Conference Access
- Online: Join Zoom Meeting
- By phone (Dial by your location):
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 876 0964 1256
- Password: 983732
Procedure for Applications
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail or delivery to the Town Clerk. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, email@example.com.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
A driveway permit is required for all new driveway connections to a road. Driveway Permit Application