The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirements.
- No news (is good news)
Meeting May 11, 2022, 7:00 pm
This meeting will be held by video conference. Items may be added to the agenda up to 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
- Approve minutes of April 13 and April 27, 2022
- ANR – if any
- Building Permits, if any
- Election of Officers
- Review ANR procedures (E. Wood)
- Continuing discussion regarding Industrial district zoning bylaw
- DLTA grant application update
- not anticipated by the Chair
- Online: Join Zoom Meeting
- By phone (Dial by your location):
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 876 0964 1256
- Password: 983732
Procedure for Applications During Video Conference Meetings
Planning Board meetings will be conducted online through telephone and video conferencing on our regular schedule unless otherwise posted. Instructions for accessing telephone/video conference meetings will accompany each meeting notice.
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail or delivery to the Town Clerk. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
A driveway permit is required for all new driveway connections to a road. Driveway Permit Application
Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Model Bylaw
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Presentation by Heidi Ricci
- New England Landscape Futures Explorer
- Mass Audubon MAPPR Tool 2.0