The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirements.
- Ashby MBTA Communities bylaw and district presentation. Wed., Jan. 31, 2024 at 700 pm via Zoom. The Planning Board and MRPC will present information on an Ashby bylaw and zoning district to comply with the MBTA Communities law requirements. Public discussion encouraged. Zoom link below.
March 13, 2024
Meeting begins at 7:00 pm via video conference.
Video Conference Access
- Online: Join Zoom Meeting
- By phone (Dial by your location):
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 876 0964 1256
- Password: 983732
Procedure for Applications
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail or delivery to the Town Clerk. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
|Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
Application for a Special Permit granted by the Planning Board. Application for a hearing. The application fee is $200.
|Site Plan Review
Site Plan Review is required for certain commercial development or expansion of existing commercial facilities. Site Plan Rules and Regulations. Application for a hearing.
A driveway permit is required for all new driveway connections to a road. Driveway Permit Regulations & Application