The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirements.
- (4/22/2021 and 4/29/2021) Join members of the Planning Board to discuss Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- (4/14/2021) Zoning Amendment Hearings
- Natural Resource Protection Development
- Floodplain Boundaries & Regs
- Amendment to Marijuana Bylaws
- (01/19/2021) Letter to the Building Inspector re Ashby Grove
- (10/2020) Land Use Survey Results and Comments
Proposed Natural Resources Protection Development (NRPD) Zoning Bylaw
Meeting 04/14/2021 at 7pm
Agenda: Items may be added to the agenda up until 48 hours before the meeting.
- 7:00 Approve the minutes of March 24, 2021
- ANR/Building Permit(s) – 712 Foster Rd
- 7:15 Open Public Hearing for Natural Resource Protection Development bylaw
- 7:30 Open Public Hearing for Flood Plain Boundary and Regulation bylaw
- 7:45 Open Public Hearing for marijuana bylaw language amendment
- Assign reports for annual town meeting warrant articles
- Public document request response
- Items not anticipated by the chair
Documents for 4/14/2021 meeting
- Building permit application 712 Foster Rd
- Floodplain Boundary & Regulations proposed bylaw
- Natural Resource Protection Development proposed bylaw
- Marijuana Bylaw proposed amendments
- Public document request – Planning Board response
Connect to the meeting:
- Online: Join Zoom Meeting
- One tap mobile:
- +13017158592,,87609641256#,,,,,,0#,,983732# US (Germantown)
- +13126266799,,87609641256#,,,,,,0#,,983732# US (Chicago)
- By phone (Dial by your location):
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 876 0964 1256
During the virus emergency, you can attend and participate in Planning Board meetings by telephone or video conference. Access information for the online meeting will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting begins.
Procedure for Applications During Virus Emergency
During the corona virus emergency the public is not permitted to attend meetings in person. Planning Board meetings will be conducted online through telephone and video conferencing on our regular schedule unless otherwise posted. Instructions for accessing telephone/video conference meetings will accompany each meeting notice.
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Model Bylaw
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Presentation by Heidi Ricci
- New England Landscape Futures Explorer
- Mass Audubon MAPPR Tool 2.0