The Planning Board addresses issues such as the division of land, subdivision control, zoning and long term growth. The Planning Board reviews all subdivision plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision requirements.
Next Meeting 5/27/2020 at 7:30 pm
Agenda, subject to change before 5/22/2020 at 7:00 pm.
Meeting Access Information
Meeting ID: 869 3727 3652
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
During the virus emergency you can attend and participate in Planning Board meetings by telephone or video conference. Access information for the online meeting will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting begins.
Procedure for Applications During Virus Emergency
During the corona virus emergency the public is not permitted to attend meetings in person. Planning Board meetings will be conducted online through telephone and video conferencing on our regular schedule unless otherwise posted. Instructions for accessing telephone/video conference meetings will accompany each meeting notice.
- All applications and plans that require a signature must be submitted by mail. If you are sending rolled plans that will not fit in a mail box it is best to mail them by certified mail to assure they picked up at the Post Office and not left by the mail box. All mailings should be done to the Town Clerk, 895 Main St., Ashby, MA 01431, attention Planning Board.
- All applications and plans must must include an electronic copy of all pages in a commonly used file format such as pdf, docx, rtf, gdoc, jpeg, xlsx, etc. in addition to the paper format. The electronic files may be submitted on cd, thumb drive or by email to the Town Clerk, email@example.com.
- Applications and plans must include the fee, if applicable, and a return address.
- Unless your application involves a hearing it will be taken up at the next regular meeting following receipt.
- Questions regarding a proposed plan can be submitted by email. Include an electronic copy of the referenced plan.
- You are encouraged to attend the telephone/video conference meeting in which you application will be taken up in order to address any questions that may arise.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions call or email the contacts in the side bar.
Approval Not Required (ANR)
If you wish to divide your land into two or more parcels you are probably going need us to sign an ANR plan.
If you wish to divide your land into a number of building lots but don’t have enough road frontage you will probably come under Subdivision Control.
Natural Resource Protection Zoning
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Model Bylaw
- Natural Resource Protection Zoning Presentation by Heidi Ricci
- New England Landscape Futures Explorer
- Mass Audubon MAPPR Tool 2.0