Thank you for considering volunteering for the town of Ashby!
Departments looking for people to help out:
- Parks Department needs help raking at Allen Field and doing some Painting Contact Bill LaDue at 978-496-0692
- Library has many needs including help to Shelve Books, Tidy Shelves, and Tidy Children’s Area Contact the Library at (978) 386-5377 or stop in
- Community Rack Use Monitor to Track Usage Rules at NMRHS. Contact: Cameron Fisk – Phone 978-597-8721
Person’s must have applied and been approved as participants in the Senior Tax Work Off program and they must have all their Town Payroll Documents completed and up-to-date.
How the Program Works:
Ashby residents over the age of 60, who qualify for the program, can reduce their property taxes by up to $1000 (max) per year by working for the Town of Ashby.
- Sign up by visiting the Ashby Assessors Office in the Town Hall to complete the required application for approval.
- Each participant reports to the individual department head for which they are assigned & all worked hours are to be signed off on by that department head.
- Report your approved hours to the Ashby Assessor’s office.
Job Opportunities & Requirements:
Visit the Ashby Assessors Office to find out what jobs are available, find a job to match your skills, and let them know you are available. We also suggest you reach out to the head of the department you are interested in working for to see if they have a need for a volunteer. Department contacts can be found in the Departments list. Guidelines and rules for the program include:
- All work needs to be pre-approved by a department head and all work-off hours need to be signed off on by that department head.
- Jobs are first come first served and based on individual department needs.
- The Volunteer must have the appropriate skills and physical ability for the position.
- The Volunteer and the department head must both agree the job is an appropriate match.
- A participant cannot be related to the head of the department in which they are volunteering.
- Volunteers cannot run town machinery.
- Applicants must be an Ashby resident over the age of 60.
- A participant must complete an application and subsequent payroll paperwork.
- A participant’s application must be approved by the Volunteer Work-Off Program Committee prior to starting work.
- The participant must have owned & occupied their property for at least one year.
- Only property with a dwelling qualifies.
- Only one person per household can participate in the program.
- Your exemption cannot exceed your owed property tax.
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday 9:00 AM to 1 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM to 12 PM
- Wednesday Evening 4-8